Sunday, March 9, 2014

Lover of the Written Word

You are what you read. Of course books alone do not create a person, but looking at a person's bookshelf can tell you a lot about them. It tells you their interests, their worldview, their sense of adventure, their hobbies, where they are on life's journey...
My husband calls me a book hoarder; I prefer bookworm, nerd, lover of the written word...

In one of the books I memorized when I was a kid, Dr. Suess said, 
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.”  I've been an avid reader from a young age, and that message has stayed with me.  

Here are some titles that have formed me.
                          Books that I picked up and couldn't put down.
                                                  Books that changed me when I read them.



Not pictured: Holy Stuff of Life by Heather Murray Elkins (I don't have my copy here with me)
This is not a comprehensive list, I know I've left some out and to those authors (and to you), my apologies!


Books are windows into the worlds of others.

Real worlds recorded by people living in them
                     Spiritual worlds we attempt to explain
                        Ancient worlds we research and write about
                                        Fictional worlds we create in our minds.

Books are snapshots of people's views, stories, lives, horrors, beauty, spirit and so much more.
Some of us, we love to be a part of that. We love to read, absorb and be changed by others' stories.

Bookworms, nerds, lovers of the written word, book hoarders...


Please comment and let me know some of the stories that have shaped you.   

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are a lover of the written word. Just like me. :-)

    ReplyDelete